The MOVE Token
The MOVE token powers the MarketMove ecosystem.
The token features limited supply and is deflationary; additional tokens can’t be minted, and some of the token features irreversibly burn the tokens, consistently decreasing the supply.
As the community, ecosystem, and the usage of the platform grows over time, demand for the MOVE token grows with the following levers:
- In-platform usage. MOVE is the base currency used to pay for all the MOVE X services, including but not limited to:
- minting the MOVE NFT ID,
- trading fees,
- fees paid for crypto credit card purchase (cheaper if via MOVE tokens),
- Because the MOVE token is deflationary, with the growing adoption of the MOVE X platform, the demand for the limited supply of the token will increase. Furthermore, the MOVE token can be staked or farmed via MOVE X Earn.
- The viral growth of demand. Thanks to MOVE X Rewards, influencers and promoters are incentivized to promote the MOVE token in exchange for a small percentage of MOVE sold (similar to affiliate programs). As of January 2022, no other ecosystem offered such an opportunity, but similar programs were implemented in crypto with great success. Binance has overtaken its competitors thanks in part to a referral program.
MOVE features unique tokenomics, that are designed to:
- Incentivize long-term holders. MOVE X Earn staking, along with the exponential growth levers are designed to reward long-term holders.
- Discourage speculative day trading. The tokenomics are not favourable for bots and traders speculating on short-term price changes.
- Ensure long-term token price stabilization. Thanks to Swap and Liquify, the MOVE’s liquidity pool grows with every sale. Because of that, the token will be more resistant to price fluctuations in the future, ensuring safe, steady growth.
- Ensure safety via smart contract locking. Unlike most other tokens, MOVE’s liquidity pool is locked for 10 years, using DXLock (DXSale’s locking contract).
To meet the goals stated below, the MOVE token features:
- Our proprietary PriceProtect function, which ensures the long-term health of the token via:
- Consistently growing the core liquidity pool (MOVE-BNB) using a mechanism similar to widely known Swap and Liquify, which works by adding liquidity from a portion of the sell tax - with every sale the liquidity pool grows, strengthening the long-term token health;
- Variable buyback - PriceProtect repurchases some of the tokens sold to mitigate "dumps",
- Higher sell than buy transaction fees to prevent day trading and swing trading.
- Staking - users can stake their MOVE to receive additional tokens.
The MOVE token was launched on September 1, 2021.
1,000,000,000,000 (10^12) MOVE tokens were minted.
All the tokens have been subsequently distributed according to the following schedule:
The following distribution applied: